Monday, August 15, 2016

Paper Girls Challenge #110 - Color inspirtation

 The challenge this week is a color challenge, this is the inspiration photo I was working with while creating my card.
This card is actually something I came up with for a wedding reception I went to recently. The bride studied art and I know she loves bright colors. I decided to pull the bulk of the colors in with my new favorite product - Ken Oliver color burst (Lemon Yellow, Chartreuse, Ultramarine blue). I sprinkled some over a sheet of B&W floral scrapbook paper from My Minds Eye Jubilee line and spritzed it with water. The large flowers in the front are from Mama Elephant Organic Blooms. I stamped the flowers and watercolored them with my SU ink pads and cut them out when they were dry.

It's hard to tell but I actually layered one extra flower on top of the left flower to pop it up a bit and there are a sprinkling of tiny pearls on there that leally don't show in the picture but I felt it added a little more of the wedding touch. I hope the bride loves it, I sure had fun making it.

Check out the rest of the team's creations on our blog The Paper Girls Challenge.

No comments: